Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Encore




After Mary's rather, shall we say, reserved performance last month, she treated us to a very lively encore this week. She was tap dancing up a storm . . . to quiet, peaceful Primary songs (?!). Her little legs were moving faster than the wings of a hummingbird. And, unlike the Mary in the pictures above, she had a huge smile on her face almost the whole time, except when the shutter on my camera opened.

You can see uncut (i.e. boring parts included), unedited (i.e. sideways) video clips here and here. Of course, the best dancing happened well before I pulled out my camera. But, oh well. I figure after several months of dance lessons, I owe the Internet some footage of Mary dancing.

Since we're on the subject of video clips, Greg rescued my video footage of the Kindergarten performance. You can see a couple of them here and here. If you draw a line straight down from the basketball hoop in the back, you will see David in the front row. If you still can't spot him, looking at the pictures in this post might help.

Next month is the Kindergarten Spring Concert. I can't wait!

P.S. You might notice in the above pictures that Mary recently got a hair cut. I have hated her hair cuts here in Wisconsin. I just hadn't found someone who was comfortable working with a young child who could also do a decent job. (I'm not looking for perfection, but Mary has enough hair to warrant a good cut!) Finally, after trying several different stylists at different locations, I found THE ONE. She was so nice and kind and patient . . . and she took the time, and had the skills, to do a good job. I was so happy! It was a burden lifted, and I was floating. I asked for her card and her work schedule and was ready to make another appointment right then. And that's when she informed me that she was moving to Minnesota on Tuesday. Nooooooo! My heart dropped. I considered asking her where in Minnesota. I mean some places in Minnesota are only three hours away. . . . Instead, I wished her well and thanked her for giving my daughter a decent cut before she leaves. I have six more weeks to find someone else. For two weeks Mary will look a little dorky with her hair (and bangs!) on the short side, then for two weeks it will be really cute, and then for two weeks she'll look shaggy, and then I won't be able to take it anymore and we'll try all over again.