Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Super Bowl recap

What has Wisconsin done to me? Here I am posting again about football. FOOTBALL! Next thing you know, I'll be posting regularly about cheese or beer.

Yesterday morning at the gym everyone was both cheerful from the win and sluggish from the junk food.

Monday morning I attend a strength training class with a group of tough, classy born and bred Wisconsinite women who are 20-30 years older than me (and 20-30 times fitter than me). Thanks to the ladies at the gym, here is a general recap of the game:


1st Quarter--Jumping up from couch and eating in celebration

2nd and 3rd Quarters--Hiding behind couch and stress eating

4th Quarter--Kneeling in prayer in front of couch and feeling too sick to eat

Then, full circle--Back to jumping and eating in celebration


Also, it was decided:
Cristina--Booooo!
Half-time--Two thumbs down.

And the best commercial was decreed to be the Doritos house sitting one. (Also one of my personal favorites. But how could I not love the VW Darth Vader ad most of all??)

So there you have it. The Super Bowl according to the ladies at the gym.


P.S. I know we're too new and uneducated to be real Packers fans. But it's been SO MUCH FUN to see the Packers go all the way! We sure picked a great year to move here.