Monday, January 10, 2011

Final show preview


Next week is Mary's last day of her dance/gymnastics class. You can look forward to a million pictures and videos.

Today was the last rehearsal before next week's final show.

You've already seen some pictures of Mary in her tap shoes.


But have your seen her in first position?




Look at my sweet ballerina here...



Here is my sweet ballerina practicing the chicken dance...


(Don't all serious ballerinas do the chicken dance?)

With her partner...



Then the ballet slippers came off and they were in the gym. I think Mary has perfected the basket hang...



Look at all the hair...


(Reminds me of this.)

A little practice here...


...and a lot of practice on the beam (where Mary did her first forward roll ON THE BEAM--but of course I missed it because by then I was gabbing with the other mom).

Stay tuned for the big finale next Monday!



P.S. This is what it looked like on the way home from dance class.



I think it's lovely. Maybe I really do belong in Wisconsin.