Sunday, January 16, 2011

Squeal of delight

The best way to describe what awoke me this morning is...

...a squeal of delight!

It seems the Tooth Fairy visited David last night. I would squeal with delight too if I found money under my pillow!

Here is the tell-tale picture:



The tooth itself is lost. It seems it fell out into one of the three bowls of cereal David ate at the hotel in Chicago. And David didn't notice until long after the bowls had been cleared.

I lost my first lost tooth too. It fell out of the tiny manila envelope the school nurse had given me. I was devastated. David took the loss in stride. Though he was momentarily worried that Grandma Evie would be disappointed not to see the tooth and insisted that she come visit the next time he has a loose tooth. (Hear that, Grandma Evie?)

It is nice, in a way, that he lost his first tooth in a breakfast bowl in Chicago. Now we have a nice story to remember. Even Mary likes to tell how David lost his tooth in a bowl of cereal in the hotel.

This morning I commented on how tall David is getting. He told me it is because he lost a tooth. Well, I have to agree that he is growing up.

I loved him little. I'll love him big. And I love him with one less tooth.



***

P.S. Yes, that's Greg in the background of the picture--doing a sweep of the hotel room for books, matchbox cars, lovies, and hair bands. What would I ever do without him?