Monday, October 11, 2010

Toe taps and more

Mary recently began a dance class. It's actually a dance-gymnastics combo class.

(Mary was ready to be in a class without me, which was kind of sad and also kind of happy. I moved her to a class during the afternoon, so, once soccer ends, I'll be free to attend Wednesday night activities at the church with the Young Women.)

Unsurprisingly, Mary loves the gymnastics portion. What has surprised me is how much she enjoys learning the basics of tap dancing. She remains focused and serious, which means she is relishing the challenge and sense of accomplishment.

Today I spied through the glass door and took some pictures.







That little girl never ceases to amaze me.

***

(We're doing the classes at The Little Gym. This is my first experience with The Little Gym, which feels creepy in a corporate way. It makes me feel like I'm trapped inside the pages of a parenting magazine. But after looking at local gyms and community rec programs, it was the best match for the time being. It helps that the director of this particular one is awesome. As an unexpected bonus, the drive to The Little Gym is along beautiful rural back roads. I look forward to the drive all week. The fall colors made the scenery today especially lovely.)