Monday, October 25, 2010

Gems

I might not be around here much the next week or so.

Well, I shouldn't be around here much the next week or so...I'm trying to finish up a project by Monday. I also should be spending the next few days entertaining my children during their Fall Break (which unhappily corresponds with Greg's midterms), but I have a feeling "entertaining my children" will mean feeding them unlimited sugar cookies and letting them watch old Jimmy Neutron episodes all day. Just setting the bar high.

In the meantime, here are a few gems to enjoy (or not) until I return next week.

  • Upon learning that she's three, Mary started to cry and asked, "When am I going to be two again?"
  • David: "I don't like beautiful things. I only like scientific things."
  • When I asked Mary to clear her dishes, she said, "I'll do it after Christmas."
  • I sense I can't always believe what David tells me about school. For instance, when I asked him what they did in P.E., he said, "All of the boys played football. But the girls weren't allowed to play football. They had to stand on the sidelines and cheer for us." Maybe if this were 1964...
  • I'm sure everyone in the congregation on Sunday appreciated seeing Mary sprawled out in the aisle with her coloring books, skirt pulled up, and butt cheek hanging out. (By the way, her "wedgie-free guaranteed" panties are NOT wedgie-free--as every Mormon on this side of town now knows.)
  • David went to his first Brick Buddies meeting. It's a local Lego club. He loved it: He cried all the way home.
  • David and Mary love my mom's new dog. This is like the most exciting thing that's happened since we went to Disneyland. Wait, we've never been to Disneyland. So this makes my mom's new dog the most exciting thing ever. Never mind the fact that all they've seen is a few mediocre pictures of her. David and Mary insisted on printing out said pictures of Jewels to put on their walls. I'm really glad I spent all that time thoughtfully arranging the framed artwork on their walls. (Yes, we move out and my mom gets a new dog. The house was too quiet, I guess, now that we're gone. Though I think this is technically a replacement for the dead cat. So my mom can thank me for the joy little Jewels bring into her life.)
Now we'll see if I stay away like I should. (I have a habit of not doing what I should...)