Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A birthday deserves a thousand more pictures

After all that hard work of opening presents, it was time for some birthday "nourishment."

What a happy birthday girl!


(And, oh yes, that is a store-bought cake. And it was awesome! I had five different events to bake for last weekend, and five is about four too many for my kitchen and me. When I was wandering past the bakery at Target, I spotted 24 darling cupcakes. I had an epiphany! I did not have to BAKE cupcakes for the last soccer game. I could BUY them. This had honestly never crossed my mind before. What a revelation!! And a relief! The cupcakes had lots of yummy frosting on top, and they came in this plastic contraption perfect for transporting all that adorable frosting to a soccer field. It was wonderful! So the next day, when the thought of pulling out my mixing bowls again made me ill, Mary and I stopped by our local grocery store, where she picked out her cake. She was very proud of her choice. I may never bake again...)

We sang "Happy Birthday" to Mary, and, again, she was pleased and embarrassed and thrilled all at once. So cute.






After the candles were successfully extinguished, Mary and David carefully removed the candles and plastic balloons.


Oh, Mary, how we love you so!


Time to eat that yummy cake.


I could eat up this adorable little girl.


After filling our tummies with cake and ice cream, it was time to take the bike for a test ride.

An important feature on Mary's bike is the basket. She found a use for it right away.


It took Mary about 5 seconds to figure out how to pedal her new bike.



There she goes!


Going...

going...


gone!

Happy birthday, Mary!