Friday, December 24, 2010

Schedule of events

Our Christmas Celebration 2010 is underway!

What are we doing?

Well, here's the schedule of events:



(Yes, it looks more complicated than Greg's stochastic modeling final exam.)

When I've explained to people that we're spending Christmas at home just the four of us and we wouldn't have it any other way this year, I'm often asked, "So, what are you going to do? What are your traditions?"

I know that 93% of the inquiry is mere polite conversation. But 7% of the time, I am sensing a genuine desire to know. Some of that 7% is from family members (like my mom) who really want to know what adorable David and Mary will be doing this year. We also have a number of friends who are spending their first Christmas at home alone with their little families, without traveling to their own parents' homes. I gather they really do want to know what things we do to celebrate Christmas when we are small in numbers and half of us are very young in age. We already have had a good deal of experience in doing Christmas on our own, and we have some reoccurring patterns of celebration, as well as some pretty solid traditions.

So just in case you're among the 7%, I'm going to answer the question

"What are you doing for Christmas?"