Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas clothes

Are you ready for the Christmas posts to begin?

In this post, you will see my children in their Christmas outfits, as well as our lovely(?) Christmas tree.

David and Mary wore their new Christmas church clothes on Sunday. Church included a special musical Christmas program. Also, we got a new bishop for our congregation. Tangent time:

When David learned that we would be getting a new bishop, his first question was: "Is the food going to be the same?"

Huh?

Greg caught on immediately and responded, "Yes, it will still be bread and water."

Sorry, David, but I seriously doubt we'll begin partaking of chocolate milk and Skittles for the sacrament.

Okay, back to the matter at hand: my kids in their Christmas clothes.

All I wanted was a couple of generic, even awkward, pictures of David and Mary standing in front of the Christmas tree. But my kids are tough negotiators.

First I had to take a picture of Mary's princess.


Then I had to take a picture of Teddy in his home.


(Teddy's home is looking a little shabby. Okay, a lot shabby. But, according to David, Teddy's home includes a bedroom, a homework room, a computer room, and a kitchen.)

Then I had to take a picture of Teddy and the princess in the tree.


Then David and Mary both wanted to pose with Teddy.


Then Mary wanted her own picture with Teddy.


I held up my end of the bargain--pictures of Teddy in his dilapidated home. But, no, that wasn't enough.

Mary insisted on twirling in her dress.


A brief note on Mary's dress. You would think that after ironing the dress Mary wore to Daniel and Brittany's wedding, I would have seen the ruffles on this one and FLED. But, no, I bought it (with a 45% off coupon, oh yeah).....I just decided not to iron it. But Mary didn't seem to mind.


Twirls completed. And we're ready for a quick pic in front of the tree, right?

Nope. David drives a hard bargain, and he wanted me to take a picture of his finger.


So Mary did too.


Okay, NOW we're ready.

Look, a sort-of nice sort-of normal picture in front of the sort-of pretty Christmas tree.


And another.


Let's not stop there.


I must pause briefly. About David's special Christmas clothes. It's hard to make the kid's Sunday clothes look special without a sweater vest or tie. Sweater vests make him too hot--wiggling in Primary really works up a sweat. And ties inevitably become some sort of weapon halfway through singing time. Of course, I could make David's Sunday clothes plenty special if only I'd let David follow his heart and wear his Lego Star Wars T-shirt to church. One more thing, his shirt did start out tucked in...but he never did have shoes and socks on. Oh well.

Here are a few more pictures for my mom's viewing pleasure.






I love these kids.
A lot.


So David may not have his shirt tucked in, Mary may have wrinkles in her dress, and a teddy bear may be living in my Christmas tree, but now I am going to BLOW YOU AWAY with something that went right:

We attend church at 9 am. We took these pictures BEFORE church...and still made it on time! (If you know Greg, that is not surprising. If you know me, you just went into cardiac arrest. Merry Christmas.)