Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter win?



Okay, so maybe I didn't completely fail at Easter this year.  It certainly wasn't all that I would hope.
(I mean, Easter is when we remember the most important event in the history of the universe!  If that's not worth celebrating, then what is?)   Thanks to this page in the Friend magazine, we talked about Jesus all week long.  Then on Easter Day we enjoyed a lovely church service.  (I think we Mormons are starting to repent of our Easter lameness.)  I dressed the kids in new clothes and even managed to take pictures of them (complete with David's conifer accessory).  We were blessed with a true spring day, warm and sunny--perfect for hunting Easter eggs.


(Some of the eggs held up better than others.)



Mary used the visual aids she made in Sunbeams (purple Jesus, purple tomb, purple rock) to tell the Easter story.  Then we got out the butcher paper and crayons and drew out the whole plan of happiness.  It seemed time to teach our kids the big picture, so they can see how important the Savior is, how God's plan centers on His Son.  It is a beautiful plan.  I pray that I can teach my children how loving and kind and merciful God is.  

I hope you had a joyful Sunday.

P.S.  I feel the need to provide links to previous Easter happenings.  Here and here and here and here and here.

P.P.S.  I also must provide a link to this.