Saturday, April 23, 2011

We did dye eggs

Ta-duh!



We colored eggs!











I suppose it is the least we could do, coloring eggs.  How I wanted to make Easter special this year--and every year.  I love to celebrate Easter--to celebrate rebirth and newness and spring and our Savior Jesus Christ.   I had plans for a big traditional meal and an Easter egg hunt with friends.  I was going to pull out all the nifty Easter visual aids I've been accumulating on teaching our children about Holy Week, the Crucifixion, and Resurrection.

But all I have in my pantry for tomorrow is some cereal and pancake mix.  (Breakfast for dinner, anyone?)  I never managed to invite friends over for an Easter egg hunt, and I don't even have any plastic eggs in the house.  My true meaning of Easter materials are who knows where.  And my children don't have Easter baskets.  That's right: My children do not have Easter baskets.  It's a long story that has to do with what happens when you move a lot, but the short of it is that we are basket-less this year.

But we did dye eggs.  And it made me happy.  And my kids happy.

Happy Easter!