Monday, April 11, 2011

Brand new baby


Do you see this sweet bundle?



This is brand new baby Elim. He was born eight days ago. These pictures were taken when he was about fifteen hours old.

Isn't he precious?


Sweet Elim is my husband's mother's cousin's daughter's son. So that makes Elim my . . . . I have no idea. But family is family. And I do know that he's super cute, AND I got to hold him when he was less than a day old. (There is something very, very special about a newborn so new that the sun hasn't rotated even once since he exited his mommy's womb.)

This is Elim and Mama Deserae. She is one strong woman. A rock star!




Baby and Papa. Such an adoring father.


Vicky, Greg's mom, happened to be here last weekend, so she got to meet little Elim.


And hold him.

Me too!

Those first few days are so precious, so fleeting, so reverent. How sweet it was to meet Deserae and Mikhael's little one.