Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thirteen on Thursday


What can I say?

Well, I'm not speechless.  In fact, I have thirteen things to say.


#1---Gender Preference

David and I were looking at his baby book this week.  After I explained to him how he was born, he exclaimed, "I'm glad I'm a boy!"




#2---Happy Anniversary

Our ninth anniversary was on Monday.  This is how Greg celebrated:


Yup, he's doing it  again, coaching kindergarten soccer.  What a good man.


(Last year we were in Honduras on our anniversary.)


#3---Soccer Star

David kicked the ball during soccer practice.  I have proof.


Or at least he kicked.  Whether or not he kicked the ball, I cannot recall.



#4---Movie Night

Just in case watching him coach soccer wasn't enough, Greg treated me to tulips on our anniversary.  He also took me to see Jane Eyre at the fancy pants movie theatre in town.  It was very good.  (Greg thought so too.)  Go see it.  Then you don't have to read the book.  (Unless you want to, of course.)




#5---Silliness

When asked how she got so silly, Mary responded, "Daddy!"  I doubted her, and pointed out that Daddy is the least silly one in the family.  She explained that she took all of Daddy's silliness.  Ah, that explains so much.




#6---Cheep!  Cheep!

The chicks are hatching!  The chick are hatching!  David's classroom has chicken eggs in an incubator, and yesterday they started to hatch.  We are all very excited!  Really, I cannot explain how much happiness this has brought to David--and said happiness is very infectious.




#7---Majorly Awesome

Are you still with me?  I hope so, because I have super exciting news to share!  Greg was selected to be promoted to major!  Hooray!  The actual promotion won't take place for a few hundred years, but it's nice to know it's coming.  Also, he was in the top ten percent of all those selected for promotion!  (Which may or may not affect our moving right back to Ohio upon graduation.)



#9---Mean Spring

It snowed this week.



Twice.


I think I hate spring.  Give me mid-January any day--at least I know what to expect.



#10---Hunger Strike


Greg has gone to Utah to commission his baby brother as an officer in the Air Force.  Mary is not pleased, so she is refusing to eat.  At least there are fewer dishes and crumbs while he is gone.



#11---Pitter-pat


My heart skips a beat whenever David holds my hand.  (How much longer will he even want to hold my hand?  I treasure every moment when his hand is in mine.  I know the days are numbered.)  He is such a sweet boy.



#12---Primary Prayer


Mary gave her first prayer in Primary on Sunday.  She buried her head in her arms and you couldn't understand a word except "Amen."  But it was very sweet.  And she was very proud of herself.




#13---Hair stylist

I know I mentioned it once, but I think it warrants another mention:  Mary gave my mom a hair cut.  I'm sure it will get a third mention when I post about my mom's visit.  (Soon!)



That's it.  

Next up, Fourteen on Friday.  Just kidding!