Friday, April 15, 2011

Mary's Nauvoo

I am interrupting the posting of my pictures from Nauvoo to show you a few that Mary took.  She sneaked away with my camera a few times, and it's always interesting to see what she took pictures of.  She was clearly the most interested in taking pictures of people, especially her good buddy Eliza.  The pictures are so funny and, in a way, much more genuine than any I took--so I'm sharing a few.

This is my very favorite, from the rope tiara to the the iPod to the nail polish.



This is Luke. It's blurry (obviously) but it captures his sweet, sweet face.



Looking at these pictures and thinking about these kids is making my heart hurt.  I miss them!


This kid came home with us.



So did this one.


Gotta love Mary's self portraits.  I think I upload several a day.


Eliza again.



Luke again.




Not everyone was overcome with enthusiasm at all times.



But the kids hung in there!  David complained that he "kept on learning."  Not surprisingly, we ended up scaling back our plans.  I have been to Nauvoo three times now, and I still haven't toured the Community of Christ's Joseph Smith Historical Site.  But that's okay.  For me, it was much more fun to see my kids joyfully playing with their cousins.  I was more in the mood for giggles and laughs than the tears and whines of a lengthy tour.  We're so happy the cousins could all spend time together.

Just one more Nauvoo post!  And then it will be back to real life--which is cold, wet, and dreary.  (But my mom is here!!)