Wednesday, April 13, 2011

More Nauvoo

Sorry, but I can't go to bed tonight without posting a few more pictures from Nauvoo.

I left off in my last post when Leslie and I were with the kids at the Family Living Center on Friday afternoon.  After the kids had their fill of rope making and bread baking, we dragged them through one more house, the Scovil Bakery.


They received a tasty gingerbread boy or girl at the end of that visit.


Then it was time for some good old fashioned running around.



Good thing the kids made that rope.





I loved watching the kids run around on the grass.  My first visit to Nauvoo was when I was the same age as Eliza.  My family visited in early spring, like us, and the only green was the grass.  My most vivid memories are running through the green open spaces, doing cartwheels.


Soon enough the kids decided it was time to climb on the wagon.







Perfect picture opportunity.


If only someone would look at the camera.  Sigh.

But at least these pictures have all five cousins in them.


Evan, Eliza, Mary, Luke, and David.  What good friends!

And then it was off to Keokuk, where the dads took the kids the McDonald's and the swimming pool, and us moms went to dinner at the nicest restaurant in town (where the dessert counter at the cashier's contained slices of pie as well as raw cuts of beef).  But the food was good, and the conversation excellent!

(P.S.  Yikes!  What was up with my camera?  It doesn't take fabulous pictures and I do little to help it along, but it usually does better than this.  Grrrrr.)