Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tio Dave came to play



The day after his law school finals ended, my brother David jumped on a plane to come play with my kids.  Hooray!  It's always a good time when Tio is around.

We aren't exactly a thrilling group these days.  But Tio was a good sport.  He hung out with me during the day, and, once the kids were home from school, he spent hours and hours playing with them.  They were in heaven!  He even took them miniature golfing, another dream come true.

One day we did make the trek the Chicago and back.  We visited the Museum of Science and Industry.  We've been a couple of times before in years past, but it was time for a revisit.


With David's recent obsession with World War II, we knew he would have a new appreciation for the museum's U-boat. I do have to say that the German U-boat is very cool.  Definitely the highlight of the museum.  I'm glad we could take David to see it again.  And, even better, I'm so happy Tio Dave could be with us!





The rest of the museum is pretty cool too.  This time Mary bravely ventured into the "coal mine"--we're proud of her!   Here are a few pictures from the museum.  (These are for my kids, who like to browse my blog looking for pictures of things they enjoyed doing.)







Thanks for visiting, Tio!  We love you!