Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Due acknowledgment

Today was supposed to be a hectic day.

It was one of those days when there was no white space on the calendar, and there were going to be a few times where I would have to be more than one place at once, and I couldn't figure out how on earth or where or when on the space-time continuum my family would eat dinner.  It was not going to be a bad day.  But a busy one.

So I prayed this morning, almost absentmindedly, "God, help me through this day."

This evening I realized that today was fine.  It was a normal, pleasant day.  Everyone was where they needed to be when they needed to be.  Much of the day even felt relaxed.  And I not only made dinner, but I had time to make dessert just for the heck of it.  (Strawberry-rhubarb crisp, thank you Vermont Valley Farm.)  How did that happen?

I think I owe God some gratitude.

Today turned out so okay that I almost didn't realize it.  I suspect there have been a million other days when I woke up and said, "God, help me through this day," so He did...and I didn't even notice.

So I am acknowledging the little miracle of today.  And all the days.