Sunday, April 15, 2012

Rehearsal videos

I did not record Mary's performances at the recital.  (It's okay just to sit back and enjoy, right?...without experiencing life through your camera screen.)  But I did capture a little bit of the Thursday night rehearsal.  Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) my camera battery was out of juice.  I did manage to squeeze out a few pictures and two short clips of each dance she was in.

***

Early in the evening Mary's tap class was scheduled to rehearse "Ding Dong!  The Witch is Dead!"  (It was a dress rehearsal--but fortunately we didn't have to do hair and makeup.)

Mary was amazed to be under the bright lights on a big stage.  She was a little dazed, but she took the job of rehearsing very seriously.




Look at my little munchkin...



This was such a cute dance.  The choreography was adorable.  (And the munchkins even more so.)  I didn't have enough life in my battery to get the whole thing, which is too bad.  But CLICK HERE to see a short clip of Mary's tap class rehearsing "Ding Dong! The Witch is Dead!"


Then it was into her second costume and wait-wait-waiting until it was time for her ballet class to rehearse "The Incy Wincy Spider."



Finally, Mary was back on stage.







Look at that sweet class!  Mary takes the final pose very seriously (which is good, because so does her teacher). CLICK HERE to see Mary dance to "The Incy Wincy Spider."  Oh, be still, my heart.


P.S.  You might have seen Mary doing these dances before.  I posted videos of the day parents were allowed to come in to the class and see what the children had been working on.