Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter pictures of the boy



It was cold and overcast the morning I took pictures of my kids in their Easter clothes.  No one wanted to step into the chilly wind, myself most of all.  And the room with the best light was my bedroom.  But it still wasn't bright and light and cheerful.  I have a small Canon S90 point and shoot.  It's a good little camera.  But it and my limited knowledge were no match for the clouds and gloomy light. Perhaps my photo editing software could help me out?

So, yes, I often give my pictures a quick crop.  Because, no, I do not want to preserve for posterity the dirty sock on the couch.  (Don't you wish cleaning up your house were as easy as simply cropping the mess out of the picture?)  My photo editing is generally limiting to a little cropping.  And that's that.

But this time--partly because of the weird light in the room--I experimented with some of the other features and effects in my photo software.  Figure I might as well get my money's worth. (Wait, it was free.)  I definitely got a little carried away.  Fourteen steps later and I'd be like, "What have I done?!  Why is my kid neon yellow and upside-down?  Undo, undo, undo!!"  But sometimes I didn't undo.  And I really have no idea if I made improvements or not.  (Am I the only one with this problem?  I suspect I am making it worse by trying to make it better.  Is this the story of my life??)

I'm posting pictures of my firstborn first.  My favorite picture is the one above.  But here are some others that I like.  He's moving out of the cutesy little boy stage and becoming a handsome boy.  Not an ounce of baby.  But still a child.  A boy.

I love my boy.  Want to see some more pictures of him?

Of course you do!  :)




































Happy Easter!