Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pajama Day



On Wednesday Mary asked me when her school was going to have Pajama Day.  David had Pajama Day last week.  I broke the news to Mary that her school did not have Pajama Day.  (But one of the many reasons I like her school.)  Her face turned ashen and her jaw dropped.  She was not going to have a Pajama Day!  And she was devastated.

What's a mom to say?  Well, I told her she should ask Anna if she could wear her pajamas to school.  If Anna said yes, then she could invite all the girls in her Extended Day class to wear pajamas too.  And then she had to ask everybody's mom if it was okay, and every single mom had to agree.  Mary said okay, and I put the whole thing out of my mind, assuming it would never happen.

On Thursday--one day later--I picked Mary up from school, and guess what.  She had organized the entire Pajama Day already!  She had talked to Anna, all the girls in her class, and their moms!  Pajama Day was to be the very next day.

On Friday Mary wore her pajamas to school.  As I've mentioned before, when this girl wants something to happen, she gets it done.



P.S.  In the above picture Mary is holding her baby Katie.  Lately Mary has requested that I teach her how to be a mom.  She watches me closely with Sara and wants to help so that she will know what to do when she has her babies.  The last few days, at Mary's request, we have been going through the baby care book we got from the hospital together, and Mary has been practicing on Katie--everything from swaddling, diaper changes, and nail trimming to bathing, nursing holds, and burping.  Mary pointed out that she will probably be a better mom than me.  I told her she definitely would.