Thursday, March 1, 2012

With Tio and Tia then and now

When we lived in Texas, my brother Dave and his wife Alejandra were my heroes.  They rescued the year for my kids, making what could have been a miserable time into a magical one.  They filled in for a physically absent father and an often mentally absent mother, and they made up for my kids' rather lackluster social calendars.

Here are David and Mary with Tio and Tia on one of the first Sunday afternoons they spent together.





Here is a picture of David and Mary on their most recent Sunday afternoon spent with Tio and Tia.



Ale and Dave live in San Antonio right now.  Dave is in law school, and Ale is beginning a new job as an RN at a big hospital down there.  They are definitely busy.  So I'm so grateful they came up!  Of course, it was to see Daniel and hear him speak in church, which was awesome by the way, but whatever the reason it was so great to see them!