Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fiesta

We were in Dallas to celebrate two things: Uncle Daniel's return from Chile (see pictures of his mission at the end of my previous post) and Tio Dave's birthday (our little leapling--his 7th birthday in 28 years).


This called for one of my mom's super stuffed blizzard pies.  (All of my brothers ADORE this creation of my mom's--which she concocted years ago just for them.  I usually pass...)


We, of course, also went out for some super delicious Mexican food.  If you're ever anywhere near Lake Dallas, I highly recommend this little place.  (At Mechicano's they even sell Mexican street tacos--made in the same way they are on the streets of Mexico.)  And the salsa is perfect.

Celebrations include games.  Those of us who were brave enough played this game--




And, trust me, you have to be brave...very brave...



You spin the wheel.



And hope you're lucky when you choose the jelly bean.



There is always a thoughtful, tense moment or two while you're waiting for your taste buds to weigh in.




And then you know if you won--




Or not--



(I think was the biggest loser--I got a nasty flavor every time.  You cannot imagine how gross a baby wipe flavored jelly bean is.)

Finally, every celebration needs a pinata, right?





Good times.