Monday, March 19, 2012

Much too big


Saturday was a quick and very last-minute jaunt to Chicago and back.  The Saturday before I had the chance to go to the temple in Chicago with Leah, my very dear friend and former mission companion.  (Can you think of a better way to spend a Saturday??)  I think I loved the peace and quiet and meditation so much that I had to go back for more.

Greg and I took turns visiting the temple, while the other hung out with the kids at a nearby children's museum., where it was discovered that--

David is 49 inches tall and weighs 49 pounds.

Mary is 42 inches tall and weighs 42 pounds.

(How about that?)

They are big.  But what was discovered long before the trip to the museum, with its scale and measuring tape, is the size of their personalities.  They are big.  Very big.  They have quirks.  And those quirks are growing bigger and bigger.  Much too big for me to handle, I fear.

Much too big.