Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Mary turns six tomorrow

Mary, age 5 1/2


I put five-year-old Mary to bed tonight; tomorrow morning a six-year-old will greet me. 

Tonight we sat on her bed and talked and hugged and cried tears of joy.  I held her close and stroked her hair and told her how much I love her.  How special she is.  And we both felt in our hearts the love God has for her. She recognized that she felt the Spirit of the Lord in her heart, telling her that she is a daughter of God, that she is special. 

We hugged for a long, long time.  And I reminded her about the angels that were there when she was born.  I reminded her again and again of how much I love her, how blessed we are that she came into our family. Most importantly, I told her that our Father in Heaven loves her very very  much.  We cried more.

Then we blew our noses and laughed about it. 

And then of her own accord she opened a notebook and wrote down that the Holy Ghost told her God loves her and thinks she is special. 

So I thought I would write it down too.

Good night.