Thursday, January 17, 2013

Grandma Evie goes home



My mom went home yesterday, after being here for two whole weeks.  It was wonderful.  She took care of David and Mary while we were in the hospital.  She also put in her own hours (and hours!) at the hospital with me and Sara.

After we came home from the hospital, it was such a blessing to have her around.  She drove David and Mary to school and picked them up, did the laundry, cleaned bathrooms, made lunches, cooked dinner, washed dishes, as well as having baby duty.  It was a blessing to have her here.  It eased the burden of daily life, allowing our family to enjoy this sweet time.  We also got to celebrate her birthday!

Grandma Evie enjoyed plenty of girl time with her granddaughters:
 



We miss Grandma Evie already!  But we're pretty sure Sara charmed her...she won't be able to stay away too too long.



P.S.  I think some of my favorite pictures of my mom are of her with my newborns.

Grandma Evie with Baby David
June 2007


Grandma Evie with Baby Mary
October 2005