Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Halloween picture

I will post Halloween pictures soon.  But here is a little preview ... I think it's my favorite Halloween picture this year.

I present to you the Cheerleader and the Stealth Ninja ...



(Can you spot the Stealth Ninja?)

By the way, Happy Election Day.  Or not.  I guess it depends.  Anyway, the kids have been super cute and interested, asking all kinds of questions about what presidents and senators do, what voting booths look like, and how the Electoral College works.  David thought the Electoral College was pretty neat--how with each state you win you get a certain amount of points and whoever reaches 270 points first gets to be president.  It seemed to make perfect sense to him.  (I believe he is the only one!)  They were both excited by the "mystery" states (aka swing states), although Mary felt strongly that the mystery states should be purple because purple is such a pretty color and those maps were definitely lacking in pretty colors.  It was so refreshing to see all of their enthusiasm for and trust in the whole process of it all.  So, yes, Happy Election Day!