Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas dilemma

Lucky me!  We got a package from my sister-in-law "le."  That is always a very good thing.  Her packages are always filled with homemade awesomeness. 

This time she hooked me up with some much needed Christmas cheer for the sofa.




Ruffles, rouching, fun pattern combinations--does it get any cheerier?


She also sent a Christmas tree skirt.  Awesome, right?




I love this detail. We're big fans of the letter H in this family (including extended family).


And, oh yes, Greg and I are coming up on a decade of marriage!


Here is my favorite part.  What's on the bottom?  Surprise!


More Christmas cheer!  Isn't that merry material?

But this Christmas tree skirt presents me with a problem. 

We were in desperate need of a new tree skirt.  The first time in our married life that we ever put up a full-sized official all out Christmas tree was in Turkey.  As a result, quite a few of our Christmas tree basics came from the BX.  The BX at Incirlik is a special place.  Basically, it's a hodge-podge of leftover whatever that the big BXs in Europe don't want.  So you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit.

And we got this tacky, cheap-o but trying to pass as fancy, Christmas tree skirt.  And we didn't throw a fit.  Though touching it every year (it's made out of the same stuff cheap mattress pads are) made me cringe a little.

But the solution was easy.  As soon as we set up our tree, I start wrapping presents like a crazy lady and putting them out.  I gotta get that tacky skirt covered up asap!

But now I don't want to cover up the skirt.  Seeing it makes me so happy. 

I may never be able to put gifts under the tree again.....

What a dilemma.

I know, I have a rough life, don't I?