Monday, August 8, 2011

More cousin fun

As I promised (warned), I have a few more pictures from the weekend at Grandma Evie's house.

Saturday evening all the boys braved the heat for a Rangers game.

Here's David and his dad in front of Ranger Stadium.


Dave and David


David took this picture:


My boys!


David, Caleb, Andy, and Grandpa Mike.


Snow cones--with a spork.


It was 100 degrees the whole time.  The tickets might have only been eight bucks, but I think they spent a few hundred dollars on stadium-priced beverages.

Us girls stayed home in the a/c.  The girls took a bath.


And washed their hair.



Then, as requested, we painted their toenails pink...and put them to bed early.  A very good evening.

Sunday morning there was time for some Wombat Stew, a favorite book in my family.



There was also some time for pictures before church.














As you can see, taking a nice, prim and proper picture of these kids wasn't possible.  (But that's okay.  Why pretend they are prim and proper when their personalities are so much bigger than that?)

After church there was also some good old-fashioned playtime with Tio and Tia.





Thanks to Grandma Evie and Grandpa Mike for bringing all of their grandchildren together!

I love these pictures of my mom, her dogs, and my kids.  Mary is holding up a picture she drew of her family. What I love about Mary's picture is the number of people in it--there are way more than four.




How happy I am that she thinks of her family as than bigger than the four us.  Because for better or worse--though mostly better--our family is bigger than just the four of us.



P.S.  Caleb and Annika aren't the only sweet little cousins in Texas this week!  Right now we're back at Greg's parents' house--pictures to come.