Saturday, August 13, 2011

Date!

Greg's mom graciously agreed to watch the kids for us one night when we were in Texas so Greg and I could escape for some much-needed alone time.

We browsed Borders for bargains.  Although we picked up a few things, we were both of the opinion the deals were only so-so.  (Our best find was probably a discontinued Lego set.)  We relaxed over a yummy Tex-Mex meal at Cristina's.  Then we swung by Ikea, where we bought easel paper and waterproof mattress pads--so probably not the most exciting trip ever to Ikea.  But, really, anything without kids feels exciting these days.  We had lengthy, heartfelt conversations and blissful stretches of silence--without any interruptions.  It was dreamy.

We stayed at an Embassy Suites downtown.  (I love Embassy Suites--veggie omelets and Diet Coke for breakfast.)  Kudos to the well-trained staff.  Greg screwed up the reservation, and they never once hinted that he'd made an error (even though it was totally his fault)--they just fixed the problem.  I had to laugh because this is exactly what happened at the Embassy Suites in Fort Worth a few years ago.  Greg had screwed up the reservation (in the exact same way), and the staff fixed it without once implying that we were in the wrong.  Yay for good customer service.  And Diet Coke for breakfast!

Here is the view from our hotel room.  It's perfect! This is exactly what Dallas looks like:



In the morning we went to the temple.  Peaceful, relaxing, and inspiring.  I meant to take a picture, but I forgot.  (I think this picture, taken at the Dallas Temple, is one of my favorites ever.  I'm pretty sure I like my life with Greg in the picture better.)

On the way home we stopped here.



I was a little nervous, never having eaten at an In-N-Out outside California before.  (Would it/could it taste the same??)  It didn't disappoint.


I love In-N-Out.  The no-gimmicks, reasonably priced, fresh, classic simplicity of it all.  Love it.  Greg didn't quite "get" it (though he raved about the milkshake).  Maybe you have to live in California for a while and have it be an integral, everyday part of your life.  Happiness is having an In-N-Out around the corner.

Actually, my happiness is being married to this man.


And getting to spend time with him.

Hooray for dates!