Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day gifts

David and Mary were bubbling over with excitement about the gifts they each made for me at school.

Mary made me this sweet bookmark.


She did the painting, the writing, and the drawing herself.  She and her teacher Anna did the braiding together.  Mary is a dedicated, careful worker who thrives on a sense of accomplishment.  Sometimes I think there is nothing in the world she could not conquer.  It is amazing to be her mom.


David made me a whole book.  This is my favorite page.


I fail as a mom in a gazillion ways.  But I have no doubt that my son has no doubt that I love him.  He readily accepts and absorbs and reflects my affection.

Greg hooked me up with a much-needed yoga mat sling and more of the divine from across the backyard.  I would not want to be a mom with anyone else at my side.