Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Day

This afternoon we celebrated Teacher Appreciation Day in Mr. B's class.  Last week the kids stealthily passed around a card that they all signed.  All the parents chipped in for a gift--a few Brewers fan items.  If those kids have learned anything this year, it's to love the Brewers.  (Having grown up as more of a Cardinals fan myself, I'm not sure how I feel about this.)  Then this afternoon Emily (friend, co-room mom, and mother of David's bff) and I surprised Mr. B with the gift, card, and these treats...




a thank you for helping our kids grow, complete with gummy worms.



Speaking of Mr. B's class.  Here they are--



They are very sweet kids.  What cuties!  I've been fortunate to be in the classroom a lot this year, and I can tell you that these kids give good hugs.

Hooray for first grade!


P.S.  Today also marks exactly one more month left of school.  Thank goodness.  I've never ever looked forward to summer like I have this year.  One more month...I can do it.  I think I can.  I think I can.  I think I can.