Saturday, December 21, 2013

My birthday

One day after Sara turned 8 months old, I turned 36.  Years.

I have such great kids.  They made it a really special birthday for me.

Mary made me a multi-media picture of us, complete with string, hole punches, and staples.  Adorable!  (That girl is turning into a crafting/art project maniac.)  And she put it in a special envelope!  I love that David and Mary can do art projects completely on their own!  (It makes them way more meaningful.)






David wrote me a chant about me being great and awesome and loved.  He attached a page of 3-D pictures he had drawn.  Very cool.  Love that kid.



David posed for the picture of my "big gift"--a Bose speaker I can stream NPR (and other necessary things like The Nutcracker) onto from my phone.


(You notice my sweet dream baby in the back ground?)



I got lots of birthday cuddles with my kids.  The following is a series of pictures entitled "The Strand of Hair."














To celebrate my birthday, I got not one, but TWO, super fancy cakes.








We shared the cakes with my niece and nephews.  What a great birthday!





And the very best part was my three amazing children.  I love each of them more deeply every day.