Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Party!


























Party notes:


  1. No, I did not take pictures during the festivities.  (That would make too much sense!)  So no pictures of our guests.  But we are extremely grateful to everyone who came to celebrate with us!  We are very blessed to know so many wonderful and supportive people here.  
  2. We scored when the contractor who's been working on our house offered to let us borrow his nacho cheese machine.  What a hit!  
  3. I can't believe I'm saying this:  Hooray for Martha Stewart!  Love the font on this clip art.
  4. A few hours before the party, Greg and I realized that no one here really has any clue about Air Force life or what he does in the "real world."  So at the last minute I threw together a collage of some pictures of Greg at different stages of his Air Force career so far.  It was especially fun for our kids to see the pictures.  
  5. Adding peanut butter to Nutella is tragic.  Then there is no point to the Nutella.  It will taste like peanut butter.  Not Nutella.   I learned this the hard  way.  (I do not recommend any recipe that calls for combining Nutella with peanut butter.)  
  6. Shannon hooked me up with a recipe for lemonade rice crispy treats.  (I think it's this one--but you have to include the white chocolate!  And I always add more than the measly 3 Tbs of butter called for in rice crispy treats these days.)  Very good!  My favorite of the evening--beating out the cake batter ones and even the delicious s'mores version.  (Also, a big thank you to Shannon for, at the last minute, making multiple batches of rice crispy treats.)
  7. Favorite comment of the evening:  "Oh, so you're only 3 steps from a general!"  (While this is technically true, our military friends will understand why it's funny.)
  8. Can you buy Sprecher soda outside of Wisconsin?  If not, I feel very sad for ya'll who don't get to live here...and drink the best root beer/grape soda/ginger ale/cream soda/cherry cola/orange soda on the planet.  Very sad for you, indeed.