Friday, May 31, 2013

Sara, Sara, and More Sara...But Not Enough Sara

Sara, age 4 months on the dot

I haven't taken many pictures of Sara.  Isn't that sad?  She was born into a world where nearly every moment of a baby's life is obsessively recorded and digitally documented with cell phones (as well as the now ubiquitous SLR cameras) and then shared via Instagram, Facebook, blogs, YouTube, your friend's photog business website etc etc etc.  Yet I can barely manage to take more than a handful of pictures a month.  Let alone post them.  I think I once went an entire month and only took one picture.  And, yes, it makes me very sad.  I guess it just shows I've had other things on my mind.

Another issue is that my other kids like to jump in the picture with Sara.  So it's not often I have a picture of Sara solo.  But it's not often that Sara doesn't have a sibling right in her face, so I suppose having few pictures of the little girl on her own is an accurate record of her life.

So I've been searching all the cell phones, hard drives, and data cards in our house for pictures of Sara (solo) from the last month or so.  Here are some (probably most) of the pictures I managed to find.









Sara, age 4 1/2 months


Sara, just over 4 1/2 months old. And, yes, she is "petite."  (Some might say "scrawny," or perhaps "lanky.")


Sara, almost 5 months old

A very happy and sweet baby no matter the age